Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And then there were 6...

Bridesmaids that is!!!  Ahhhhh!!!!  I have finally gotten to see all of the lovely ladies in my life to personally ask each one to be a part of our wedding celebrations!  :)  SO EXCITING!!!  Dave and I went back and forth a little on the number of attendants to include but decided on 6 on each side (I won't say who was hoping for 6 more than the other!) and could not be more excited about it!  As Dave hasn't finished asking his gents yet I won't  spill the beans on them...but I will give you all the 411 on my leading ladies!  


Matron of Honor - Karen...she's a cousin on my mom's side and a wonderful role model (even if she did just tear her ACL).


Bridesmaid...Julie...another cousin on my mom's side (she's the mother of 3 LOVELY little ones and shows me what time management really looks like)


Bridesmaid...Liz...a third cousin from my mom's side (it's always been the 4 girls on that side!!!) (she's currently living in Germany...yup...she even looks the part and speaks the part...such a talented woman I wish I saw more often!!!)


Bridesmaid...Kendall...my best (and 1st) friend on Parkplace Drive.  We've been friends for almost 25 years!!!  :)  She knows me inside and out...yet we are about as different as we can be...it's true what they (?) say...opposites attract!  :)


Bridesmaid...Lindsey...a best friend since junior high (we actually were not 100% fond of each other when we first met...but time changes everything!).  She's been with me through thick and thin!  BONUS...I'm doing a reading in her wedding this summer!  :) 


Bridesmaid...Carrie...my best friend from college and fellow Chi Omega!  :)  HOOT HOOT!  I stood up for Carrie a few years ago.  She was the first woman I asked to be in our wedding!  She's full of wonderful ideas and I can't wait to pick her brain! 


I wanted to ask the ladies in a creative way (even though when I tell people this they laugh at me)...I wanted it to be a memorable event for everyone!  So I bought each one a card and wrote a personal letter explaining why she was so influential in my life.  I presented them with the card and flowers (well...most got flowers) and finished each card with a silly little poem:

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Would you be a bridesmaid?
Please say "I do"

I am so blessed to be loved by these wonderful women and can not wait to get rolling with all the plans!!!  :)  YEAH!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Love you and your special way of asking us all. As soon as I got on the phone with Kyle - I told him about the poem and said "it was so Fedota".

    ReplyDelete