Thursday, June 14, 2012

School's Out for SUMMER!!!!!!!!!


Okay, it is time to officially switch hats!  Let’s take off the teacher hat and put on the floppy sun hat!  YEAH!  SUMMER VACATION!  Well, sort of!  I am just about to finish my last school day for the year!  But where has this year gone!?  When I was growing up my dad would ALWAYS tell me how fast the years will go by when I’m older…and I never really understood what he meant.  I mean, to me, it’s simple…there are 365 days in a year (if it’s not a leap year of course!), and there are 24 hours in a day in which there are 60 minutes per hour.  I always thought my dad to be a very VERY intelligent man…but I just was NOT following his math!  I mean, it’s not like you can literally make time go faster.  Yet now that I’m a grown-up (scary thought I know) his statement could not be truer!  It feels like just yesterday I was leaving for England not knowing what to expect (at all)!  (Note to readers…that was officially a year ago!)  And I can recall picking apples and decorating gingerbread houses so vividly!  Then it was December and the best day of my life (thus far) occurred (we got engaged!)!  And it was being lazy in Florida and skiing in Colorado and a spring break in London followed by a final 9 weeks of school.  WOW!  SO FAST!!!  But yet…it was still 365 days!  SO weird to me!  How does that happen!?!?!?  

I will be returning to London this summer, just not right away!  I will being taking 6 credit hours towards my +30 in the next 3 weeks…I know…I’m crazy!  But I’d like to get as many done as quickly as I can!  I’m taking an ELL (formerly ESL) course, a Safety & Sanitation course, and a course that has something to do with technology (I just can’t remember the name of it!).  Dave will be returning to the US for 2 weeks at the end of June/beginning of July and we are trying to get as much family/friend time in as possible before we leave to head over the pond!  However, our time is quickly filling up between weddings, wedding planning, Brewers games, a favorite holiday (MINE…4th of July!) and being lazy on the lake.   Upon our return to London we have bunches of things to look forward to: weekend trips with friends (hoping to get to Ireland or Scotland or Wales), spending time together, the celebration of our 1 year wedding countdown and of course our lucky fortune with Olympic tickets!!!  GO TEAM USA!!! 

I know that the summer will pass just as quickly as ever but I am looking forward to some good old fashioned R&R!  Bring it on!!!  (Of course…that means on like 4 days on the calendar that I don’t have something already planned to do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment