Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back into the routine!

Okay...so I was doing pretty well at working out regularly when I returned home from Europe at the end of August!!!  I'll be honest (I typically am here...duh...who would lie on a blog...and WHY?!?!?!), there were some motivators present to kick my butt into gear...


  • my brother ran the Chicago marathon a few weeks back (finished under 4 hours...crazy runner dude!) and was way into the running habit 
  • my "dress pants" aren't quite buttoning the way I'd like them too
  • my arms are a little more jelly-ish then they were when I left 
  • I didn't actually work out ALL summer
  • Dave and I ate french bread (DAILY!!!!!)
  • oh...I could certainly go on...


So, I was doing really well, working with a trainer and such (she's AWESOME and totally kicks my booty!!!!) and was losing the lbs and feeling better...and then I got sick...and then lazy!   

But lazy no more!!!

I've decided that I have a bunch of races coming up that I officially registered (AND PAID) for...I want to keep setting PRs and quickening my time!  And the best way to do that is to try and start a habit!  Just last night I was talking with a big time work out friend of mine and he said it takes about 90 days to form a habit...so looks like 1 down 89 to go before this working out thing starts to feel right and normal to me!

A sampling of my races:
  • Hot Chocolate 5K (with the brother)
  • Hoofin' for Hardy 5K (with co-workers...benefits a scholarship for a student that passed away)
  • Palatine Turkey Trot 2 miler (with the brother...ran the 5 miler last year...going for a shorter race this time around...lots of family drinking to do that night!)
  • Arlington Heights Rotary Santa Run 5K (with the brother)  



Today was a great motivator at the gym.  I hadn't been in a few weeks due to illness (and let's face it...laziness)...so to say I was nervous would be an understatement.  But Annamarie quickly got me back in the swing of things and I was pretty pleased with how well my body responded.  I'm much looking forward to take a few classes a week and just simply toning up for Christmas!  I was thinking...hmmm...most people set resolutions AFTER the holidays...well, not this girl!  I already set mine and I intend to keep them up to, through AND following the holiday season!  I'm hoping to come up with some workouts that I can a)do at home b)do on vacation (away from the gym) c)I enjoy doing so that I'll want to do them more.

The next step in my plan is to work on my diet...this will be my most difficult challenge! I LOVE SWEETS and fried foods...I think I may have to write out my meal plan for the week and go shopping for fresh fruits/veggies weekly and give myself a "cheater" day once a week so that I don't feel like I am cutting it all out at once!  Oh the decisions!  But I have some cute wintery clothes that I'd like to wear again this winter!

Motivation has begun...and now it's public...so I feel like I have to stick to it a little more!  :)  Thanks!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment