Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Homecoming at FHS

September 9, 2011
It was a new experience for me this year.  This was my first year that I was able to truly enjoy the Homecoming football game from the sidelines/stands.  Since I am no longer coaching I had very few responsibilities at this year’s game…and I’ll admit…it was rather odd!  I definitely missed the action of the day (getting ready for the pep assembly, decorating the golf cart (for the pre-game golf cart parade) after school, the pizza party (even though a lot of the girls didn’t even eat pizza!), watching JV perform at the first game, practicing, participating in the golf cart parade and pre-game festivities, more practice, and finally a Varsity half time performance!  Phew!  I’m a little worn out just thinking about it!!!  Since I’m not one to let moss grow on my north side I found other ways to get involved with the evening.  I’m the sponsor of Culinary Club as well as a co-sponsor of SOS (Students Over Self)…both organizations wanted to participate in the golf cart parade so I was the “on hand” adult for both carts after school and during the actual parade.  The kids did a great job decorating the carts this year!  It truly was a good night. 

This year also marks Fremd’s 50th Anniversary so the school is going all out, all year, to celebrate!  As part of this celebration Student Council asked FHS Alumni to participate in the parade too!  They had such a great response that each activity cart had an alumni co-pilot!  It was really neat to get to talk with all these alumni who came out to celebrate as well!  Student Council also invited all the FHS faculty who graduated from FHS to participate in the parade as well!  Although there are a TON of faculty members who should have come for the walk around the track with us…the 10 of us that represented had a great time!  Furthermore, the current poms coach invited all pom/flag alumni to perform the pregame routine/fight song with the team!  It was a lot of fun to be performing again with the girls!  But…I’ll admit…some…things…truly…never…change… 
All the Pom/Flag FHS Alumni who came to perform with the current Varsity Poms and Vikettes


A few alumi with Victor E Viking!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment