Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hot Chocolate


November 5, 2011
Once again Jared and I ran the Hot Chocolate 5K in the city of Chicago!  We always have such a fun time running together and he was a trooper running it with me after running the marathon!  I know the marathon was a few weeks prior but I got the feeling that he was so over running after the marathon!  We started off with a 12-minute mile (which was basically a walk for him) and finished with an average of 9:40…I guess we really picked up our pace as we went!!!  But that’s Bearie for you…slow and steady(ish) wins the race!  We like to try and pick up our pace with each mile we run!  He’s a great person to run with because he “gets” it.  He knows the emotions that one can go through…he knows the mental games we all play with ourselves…he knows when to say “you control your breathing…it doesn’t control you” or “allow yourself to push off with your back foot” or “look forward…not down…you’re feet know where they are going”.  We really don’t run together enough! 

We forgot to take pics this year…but here are a few from last year!  
Just after I realized I used HIS drink tickets too!  Oops!!!  :)

Happy running family!

Hugs!!!  

Beautiful day...but super cold!

Check out my awesome hood...I got made fun of BIG time...but it had a hole in the top/back for a pony tail!!!  Truly made for a girl!!!  It also had cuffs at the wrist that turns into mittens!!!  Very versatile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment