Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My 28th Birthday!


October 24, 2011
I must say I love my friends!  Dating someone outside of the United States is at some times tougher than others…and today was a tough one!  I love my birthday…we all know this…I don’t just celebrate my birthday DAY…but birth MONTH!!!  YEAH!!!  But it’s really tough when the one person you really really really want to celebrate with is living 6 hours ahead of you!  (Well…he IS in England…so really if we do the math…we get to celebrate my birthday for 30 hours…which is one way I looked at it positively!) 

One of my dear work friends, Erin, took me to dinner and out for a little shopping excursion with her ADORABLE daughter Leah!  Leah is my second favorite ginger!!!  She’s just darling and a joy to watch grow…I may be slightly obsessed!!!  I can’t help it…if she wasn’t so cute I don’t think it would be as appealing!   Erin is my desk buddy, as she has the desk next to mine.  We also teach Foods 1 together and she’s fantastic to plan with.  We were just starting our veggie unit and would be having a pumpkin carving contest the following week so we took advantage of my weekday birthday to go out with Leah and grab 30 carve-able pumpkins!  (Sounded great in theory…until we tried to pack 2 strollers and 30 pumpkins in the back of a mid-sized SUV…and not have them load-shift forward every time we braked!) 

Following the pumpkin picking, dinner and a little window-shopping I met my dear friends Courtney and Andrew for drinks!  It was so nice to have them come out…Court was in the middle of the school musical and for them to take time out to come for a drink meant the world!  They truly are a wonderful couple and they offer the best listening ears, the best shoulders for tears, the best jokes for laughter, the best advice when you need it, the best hugs whether you need them or not, and the best suggestions for your next drink! 

THANK YOU to everyone who made my birthday extra special.  Every one of you means something special and different to my life!  I’m so glad you are in it!!!  And Dave…honey…I missed you terribly all day!  It would have been extra special if you were home…but being able to skype was wonderful and so much appreciated!  I know I will have plenty more birthday to celebrate with you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment