Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Harvest!

I must admit that this is absolutely my FAVORITE time of year!  As much as I enjoy the heat and sun of summer...I LOVE FALL!  :)  As I was thinking today about what a lovely fall weekend we had (minus the rain yesterday of course) I realized that I was coming up with quite the list!  So, naturally, I began to write it all down...here's the beginning of what I've started...

  • The leaves when they change color
  • More specifically...MAPLE trees
  • The smell at night
  • The coolness of the morning (light frost...but you know it will melt quickly!)
  • The sound of geese (I really don't actually like the geese themselves...but I can't help but smile when I hear them encouraging one another to fly harder!)
  • Bonfires 
  • Jeans and a t-shirt w/a hoodie/light jacket at night!
  • BOOTS!  :)   
  • Carmel Apple Cider from Starbucks 
  • Apple picking 
  • Running outsides w/o massively sweating!   
  • Pumpkin patches 
  • Hay-rides (okay...haven't actually been on one in a while...but they are still fun in the fall!) 
  • New fall scented candles 
  • Homemade apple pie (from scratch...crust and all!)
  • Sleeping with the windows open! 
  • A crisp day...if you aren't from the midwest you may not understand that YES! a day CAN be crisp!   
  • The fact that the pool at my gym stays open until October 30!  (Never know when you'll get another indian summer day!) 
  • Corn mazes...again...haven't been in a while...but still a fall staple!   
  • Chili :) 
  • Football games all weekend
  • You've been back in school long enough to not really miss summer anymore...and you're able to really love your job teaching!   
  • The über cute decorations!  Pumpkins, scarecrows, fall leaves, oh my!
  •  Taking the boat around the lake one more time...in jeans and a hoodie...wrapped in a towel of course! 
  • Long walks with good friends...typically though forest-y areas to really get into the spirit of the season! 
Gosh, the more I think about it...the more I fall in love with this season!  I truly wish it could stay this way until a week before Christmas.  Then it can snow from like December 16-January 3rd and then spring can start!  Oh and if beggars could be choosers...I'd like a fresh layer on snow on Christmas morning please and thank you!  :)  

HAPPY HARVEST Y'ALL!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment