Wednesday, March 28, 2012

And then there were three!

Bridesmaids that is!  :)

For those of you looking (or hoping) for a wedding update…here it is!  We have decided on a date (7.13.13) and a place (Boulder Ridge Country Club) for our upcoming nuptials. My mom and I went out one Saturday morning and looked at 2-3 possible reception venues.  Knowing we were planning a larger wedding we knew we may be limited on venues…so mom and I checked out a few we knew a little about…and the I made appointments at 3 other places to visit once Dave was back in town (before we headed to Colorado).  As we were eating lunch (dinner?) I was looking through a real-estate brochure and noticed a home I really liked in the Boulder Ridge neighborhood.  Mom and I looked at each other and thought out loud…what about the club there???  So we quickly googled it and I was so impressed with the ease of their website as well as the detailed information it included…I quickly sent an email to see if Dave and I could get an appointment.  And let me tell you!  It was even better in person!!!  It was the first of our stops when Dave and I went “venue hunting” and I could tell as soon as we left that I loved it there.  But we didn’t want to be all excited just because it was the first place we visited together…so I held back my excitement as we continued on…but at the end of the day…I was still liking it over any of the other places (with one exception…but that venue would have been tight to fit our reception into…and it was only a venue…it didn’t come with anything else (bar service, food, etc!). 

More news…we went back and forth on how many attendants to have on each side.  Dave was feeling 4 and I had my heart set on 6.  We knew there were going to be things we disagreed on and areas where we would need to compromise but we didn’t think it would be on one of the first things we discussed!  That being said, when I explained my rational for the 6 women I would like by my side as we pledge our love to one another he agreed that there wasn’t a way I could cut my 6 down.  Soooooo, I have had the lovely pleasure of asking 3 of my 6 bridesmaids either in person or over Skype!  I have asked the woman I have known the longest and one of my dearest friends Kendall (she currently lives in Amsterdam…so she had to be asked over Skype…but it was still just as fun!), I have asked my best friend from junior high/high school Lindsey (she currently lives in AZ but was home for her own Spring Break…and some wedding planning of her own…her wedding is in July 2012…so it’s super fun to throw wedding ideas back and forth!), and I have asked one of my sorority sisters Carrie (who lives in basically St. Louis but was back “home” for a work trip.  I can’t wait to ask my other three ladies…hopefully in the next few months…and then I’ll be able to post just how I did it!  I have to say…although not totally original…it was very sweet (but I’m a little biased!)!!!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment