Wednesday, March 28, 2012

St. Patrick's Day...Chi-Town Style!


A few years ago Dave and I headed into the city (Chicago) to take part in the St. Patrick’s Day festivities…well, mainly just to watch them dye the river green!  We did all the research of where to stand and how to get there (Metra…the way to really fly…hehe) and had a delightful day in the city.  We didn’t get to see much of the parade, but that really wasn’t our reasoning for being down there.  It was also unseasonably warm (upper 50s) so a hoodie was really all we needed.  With neither of us truly having much Irish blood in our bodies we still had a fun day of it!

Fast forward a few years, Dave is in London, and I’m headed to Wrigleyville to once again partake in festivities that I really don’t have any reason to…other than it’s super fun and my best friend is in town from Arizona!  YEAH! 

Katie (my roomie) and I were to meet Lindsey and her fiancé Billy at the P-Town train station to take the 6:30 train into the city.  Would have been a fantastic plan had an outbound train not accidently hit a pedestrian…delaying all trains in either direction.  Whoops.  Back on the phone to another couple who was planning on driving into the city…meant the boys in one car and the girls in a second.  And we were on our way.  We hit the local bars around 10 and then the greasy food place around 2!  We got home in time to get a good night’s sleep before the big day! 

I called to ask Linds what the attire was for Saturday and she said people were going all out…so I went big…I didn’t want to go home!  I guess I was a tad over-dressed but that did not stop me from making friends and having fun!  It was a great weekend and we could not have asked for better weather!  I don’t think I can remember a March where the temperature for St. Patrick’s Day was in the 70’s!!!!!  PERFECT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment