Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A bit about T$ (Tucker)

**I'll try to post pics tomorrow...I've exceeded my photo limit for now I guess!  :(  **

Now it has been brought to my attention that I have been neglecting my little furry friend in my updates on my blog!  Poor little (well…if you can say that 17 pounds is little!!!) Tucker has been doing sometimes sweet, sometimes funny, sometimes silly things now for the past two years (yes, folks, our silly kitten will be two in May!!) and I haven’t updated his following on some of his latest antics!

So here are a few things to get everyone up-to-date on life as a cat:
Figuring out the humidifier…when I first go the humidifier neither cat was too sure of the noisy devise.  They would run away each time I turned it on, only to come slinking back towards it with a little more courage, each time getting just a little bit closer!  Well, finally, scaredy cat Tucker made an attempt at figuring it out.  While it was off he would bat at the water tank, sniff around the dials, nudge it with his nose to make the water move, look through the water (not really sure at what).  Well, finally I had my camera around when he got up some major nerves and climbed up on top!  I was so very tempted to turn it on with him up there…but that was just animal cruelty if you ask me! 

Baking helper…So it’s probably no secret that as much as I try to avoid the temptation of giving Tuck any people food…his sweet little face is just too hard to resist!!!  Plus, he is learning to use his little cat voice now (which really just sounds like an old man cat!) and it melts my heart.  Now you would think that he’d like tuna or chicken or beef…but nope…not my cat. He prefers sugar…go figure!  He LOVES frosting…and since I enjoy baking he comes running into the kitchen when he hears the foil being torn off the frosting can. 

Potty Training?…experts say that you can train a cat to use a toilet…I think we just started too late…but here are some funny attempts that were made one rainy afternoon! 

Playing in the snow…Tucker loves to chase the snowflakes!  He is so funny…he tries to hunt them!  He hunches down and wiggles his little butt back and fourth before pouncing on the ground towards where one landed or leaping into the air to catch one between his paws.  He has been known to catch quite a few and will lick his paws following a catch or conquer.  I’m not sure if he knows what he is doing or if he realizes that they melt…but he does love to play in fresh snow.  He doesn’t get to experience much openness with fresh snow as he is confined to the 3rd floor balcony…but it’s his own little wilderness that he doesn’t seem to complain about exploring!

Office Temp…I FINALLY (after 2+ years in a box) but together my wireless printer for my room.  Oh what did I do without it!?!?  Oh yea…never printed things at home!  But seriously, what a new reality I have found…being able to complete things at home and drop them off for copies on my way into work!  Oh the joy!!! Well, if you all remember from his time spent on Parkplace Drive last summer Tucker got quite good at working the printer/scanner/copier!  And he has been putting his talents to work on Palatine Road. 

Snuggles on the couch…in the rare occurrence that both kittens are tuckered (hehe) out we can catch them snuggled up together.  This typically won’t last too long though.  One will undoubtedly just licking (just enough to relax the other) and then BITE out of nowhere, prompted a return attack complete with some cat calling!  But they really are darling when they are together!   

Stretching out…in case anyone doubted the size of this little kitten…here are a few pics of him all relaxed and spread out!

I know there are many many many more Tucker stories to tell…I really don’t want to be deemed “the cat blogger” so I will have to limit my tales!  But rest assured…there will be more to come!  Especially as both he and Dave get used to cohabitating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment