Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Bridal Magazine!!!


So today was the first time I have actually READ an entire bridal magazine from cover to cover!  Yes, you read that correctly!!!  I have flipped through the pictures numerous times and read certain articles countless times but have never (until today) sat down, opened a magazine to page 1 and started reading.  I didn’t just look at the pictures, I read where the clothing was from; I read why the bride was accessorized the way she was; I read about why the groom was in navy; I read about flowers, honeymoons, do’s and don’ts; I read about something blues and which shade of “white” looks best with which skin tone; I read about bridesmaids, horror stories, happily ever after’s; I read about the right shoes, the right make-up, the right hair styles; I read about where to go in Illinois and Europe and the Caribbean; I read about favors, scents, themes and gown shapes; I read about rings, engravings, and the dangers of including children; I read about cakes, cupcakes, sweets tables and tastings; I read about 1,000 different time lines and checklists.  Holy Moly is there a lot to read!  And this was just ONE magazine!!!!!!!!  One magazine with approximately 608 pages (not including the covers) all of which I read!  Phew!  One down about 17,000 to go!  I purchased (and was given) so many wonderful magazines from which to draw inspiration…now I just need the time and ability to go through them all!  I’ll admit…it was so wonderful to have NOTHING to do today but read and write!  I didn’t bring any work here with me…which is a welcomed change for this worker bee!  I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow though…I’ve finished the book Dave and I are reading (Inviting God To Your Wedding…it was wonderful and helped me from the start remember what the day we are planning is truly about!) and now I’ve updated the blog and read through a huge magazine!  I did bring my nook with a few books as well as “Chicken Soup for the Bride’s Soul” (but for some reason that book just makes me cry (happy tears) all the time!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment