Friday, July 13, 2012

Safe and Sound - in the UK!

CHEERIO!
So as Dave and I were sitting down with our respective MacBooks on our laps it occurred to Dave to check my blog.  And wouldn't you know it...I've been in England a whole 4 days without an update!  Whoops!!!  What the heck was I thinking???  So, here is a little taste of my daily life here in England for the past four days!  (And mind you...it has rained...DAILY...yes...you read that correctly...it has RAINED every day since we got back!)  


7:00 - first wake-up...the gremlin here doesn't do so well with this so she doesn't get up right away.
7:30 - finally get up (Dave is by now almost ready for work) and get to making my lovey man's lunch...yup...I'm suzie homemaker here in England...he gets a nice little sammich, crisps (chips), and fruit every day.  
7:45 - walk 0.6 miles to the bus stop with Dave, say our goodbyes for the day, walk the 0.6 miles home while making a nice little shopping list in my head.
8:00 - watch mindless television for 2 hours (One Tree Hill (episodes shown in order!) & either Glee or Desperate Housewives (again...both shows have episodes shown in order)) while eating breakfast and planning out my day.
Mid-morning - head to the shops for fresh groceries (or check the neighborhood garden to see if anything is up for picking) - we can typically go 2 days on basic groceries with the storage we have - but we do have more dry-storage areas so some things are in less of a demand!  :)
Lunch - typically a sammich or soup
Afternoon - nice little exercise walk (or leisurely stroll in the rain), laundry, possibly a run, shower, reading time
Evening - Dinner with Dave, walk together, sit and relax (AHHHH....YES!!!!!  I am relaxing!!!  SO weird for me, this I realize!)


A few changes since last summer...
-I am trying to keep up with emails as much as I can...without checking them every second of the day!
-We are planning a wedding!  :)  
-It has rained every day (yup...kinda stuck on this one!)
-There is a community garden - Dave and I each picked a potato yesterday and made potatoes for dinner last night - DELICIOUS!!!  Sorry we forgot to take pics...we'll do it again soon and document the event at that point!  :)
-I know my way around the town and am not afraid to take random streets (in the daytime at least!)
-I realize that I don't have to each an entire baguette, by myself, everyday!  HELLO wedding body!  Hehe! 
-The Olympics are almost here and everyone from airport workers to grocers are excited about it!  


Okay...I think that about covers my first few days!  I'll write again when I have a little more to say...or I'm just bored...probably next week sometime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment