Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homecoming

I thought it was time for another school post!  Our school's Homecoming was a little early this year but it made for great weather throughout the week (too bad it rained during the football game...which brought with it a chilly cold front for the day of the dance!).  However with the craziness of homecoming (every day is a different dress-up day for school spirit) came Open House and 4 different bell schedules in one week!  AHHHH!!!  Talk about feeling behind...I never felt like I could catch up with what I needed to get done on any given day!  Here's a glimpse of the week (I can only imagine how crazy it was for a student council sponsor!):

Monday - PJ Day (my favorite day of the year!!!) - normal bell schedule


Tuesday - Western Day (jeans, boots, flannel...niiiiiiice) - late start for the kids meaning teachers were in meetings all morning...bell schedule #2


Wednesday - Class Color Day (Frosh-blue, Soph-red, JR-green, SR-gold, faculty-black...simple enough!) - normal bell schedule


Thursday -Decade day...which means...YUP...the roller skates made yet another appearance!!!  ALSO...Open House...meaning early dismissal...bell schedule #3...also means teachers get to go through their day TWICE!


Friday - FHS Spirit Day (support your team...wear yellow and green...yup, I just made that up!).  

OR
Light Up the Night - Neon Day (see pic below if you didn't look their first!).  I definitely went all out this year!  Too bad I had most of the clothes to start...really!  Who does that?!?!?  Anyways...there was a pep assembly at the end of the day meaning...you got it...bell schedule #4 for the week!  I took part of the faculty dance number this year and had a ball...I think part of the video can even be found somewhere on youtube!  HA!  Friday night was also the homecoming football game...complete with a golf cart parade.  This year I had 2 carts in the parade (Operation Snowball and Culinary Club).



Culinary Kids 

OSB Leaders
After the crazy week...I slept like crazy that weekend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment