Thursday, July 21, 2011

HOME

They say you can never go home again…but in my case…it’s nice to know some things never change! 

My brother’s still rocking the city of Milwaukee as an employee of the Brewers!  He’s the away team bat boy…which means…he works for the Brewers but dresses in the opposing team’s BB uniform, helps with batting practice, cleans cleats, washing uniforms (who knew there was a batting practice uniform AND a game uniform…and people say I change too many times throughout one day!) and gets a front row seat at a bunch of games!  I was lucky enough to get to watch him in action while I was home!

My parents are totally in love!  My mom had knee replacement surgery about a week before I got home (for those of you in IL…remember the night with crazy storms at the end of June (lots of wind, major power outs, and a few tornados? Yup…that was the night after her surgery!  I wasn’t quite sure what a hospital would do in a tornado warning…now I know!).  But back to the ‘rents!  Dad was at her beckon call!  She’ll be mortified that I’m writing this (SORRY MOM!!!) but he would wash her hair for her on the front porch or patio with warm water and a watering can!  Plus he’s constantly running for ice, meds, snacks, juice, forcing (lovingly) fluids, etc.  He was such a trooper!  (Brought me back to my days of a dislocated kneecap (1998) and a multitude of sprained ankles (1996, 1997, 2000, 2002).  He was always there for me then, so it was no surprise that he was there for mom too!)

Work will always be work.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my job…my friends at work!, my students (don’t be creepy!), the topics I teach about, etc.  And it’s nice to know that it’s there for me at the end of the day.  I feel like I’m one of few teachers who, in August, is actually ready to go back!  I love summer vacation…but I like working too!  It was great to catch up with friends during my time home and get excited about the changes in store for my classes once fall rolls around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment