Monday, July 25, 2011

PARIS...take 1...which means...you guessed it...there WILL be a take 2!


The City of Lights!  <3

Oh I cannot wait to go back!  Good thing I get to in about 2 weeks!  (Dave has to work there from about 7/27-8/2, so naturally I will be soaking up as much of the wonderful area as I can!)  We had so so SO much fun!  Our hotel (newly renovated and about a block’s walk to the Seine) was truly great!  It had a bathtub (no shower…this was interesting…but I managed to figure it out!)…but not just a tub…a PARTY tub!  There were two buttons that I could see might do something cool…but I only got the nerve to try the one with a color wheel!  When I pressed it the white, thick plastic tub began to turn colors!  There were lights in the bottom (that can’t be seen when not on) that go through an array of colors as you bathe!  Next was Dave’s turn to push buttons…all of a sudden I just heard a laugh from him followed by the comment… “I’m a little wet.”  He had pushed the second button and it was the jets…but they were not air jets like we are used to at home…they were water jets…and they were angled towards each other (they kinda crossed in mid air…aka…they didn’t spray up…they sprayed OUT!)  It was comical!!!  :)  The lights were cool…but if you stare directly at them for too long they do make you a little nauseous!  Oops!

1st night view of the Louvre!  All I could think was "The Da Vinci Code!"
We only had 3 days in Paris and wanted to make the most of it!  We were fortunate enough to meet up with my cousin Liz and her husband Stuart while we were there Saturday and Sunday!  They are currently living in Germany and are a HUGE BLAST!!!  They were waiting for us at our hotel when we arrived!  So nice of them to come find us! 

I must backtrack a little and tell you all about our journey to Paris!  It began early on Saturday morning with an alarm at 2:30am for this little one to shower!  We left the flat at 3:10am to walk to the bus (which left at 3:30).  The bus took us to London (arriving at like 5:45am).  From the bus we took a cab to the Eurostar station (6:30am).  We did a little sightseeing as we traveled through London (I got to see Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and the like from the taxi (no pictures this time as it was early and I was trying to see everything from a moving cab…but rest assured…Dave and I are planning a trip in August to London to see those sights specifically!!!).  It was fun to see the paths Dave took during his adventure to the Royal Wedding (YES, for those of you that weren’t aware…he went!!!).  Okay…back to Paris!  The train went through the Chunnel (under water tunnel!  Connects the UK to France) and arrived in Paris around 11:00.  We caught another taxi to our hotel and our time in Paris had officially begun!!!  To avoid an overly long and boring post…I’ve decided to break our trip into smaller ones!

SO…sit back, grab un cafe, and get ready to read all about it!   

I'm sure he'll kill me...but this definitely captures the excitement at THREE THIRTY in the MORNING!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Four nights-excellent location, very quiet particularly as our room overlooked the Square which was always bustling with people-service polite, courteous and friendly. Unusual combination for a 5 star as I have found staff in some other 5 star hotels rather preoccupied with their own importance. We shall definitely stay there when in London again. Very Good overall.london conference centres

    ReplyDelete