Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cheltenham Round 1

Continuing on with my London post I should correct that my actual location is NOT London but rather a town about 90 miles west of London.  Below is a great link to the history and information about my newfound "home". 




A little info on my first day there (although I am updating this on Wednesday my first day there was Sunday...so, yes, I'm a little behind!  I'll catch up tomorrow!!!).  As it was raining in London it was also raining and chilly in Cheltenham.  Dave and I arrived at his (now ours???) flat and I took the official tour...1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 eat-in kitchen and a living room.  Did I mention it's on the 5th floor?  Lots of stairs...which means...KILLER LEGS BY THE END OF THE SUMMER!!!!!  :)  (I'll post pics soon!)  We were so excited to be there together (finally)...but we were bummed that the weather was so crummy...we tried to take a little walking tour but the wind and rain made it tough.  I did get to see a few good shopping malls and shops and got the idea of where the butcher is as well as where the tennis club is!  It's all within walking distance with is wonderful!  


We grabbed a burger and chips (fries) and bought some milk and bread and were done with the outdoors activities for the day!  Off to the flat to dry off.  Dave says all day soakers like the one this day are typically unlikely!  What luck!!!  


I'll update on Brest, France (yes...you can laugh...it's kinda funny) with pics tomorrow!!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment