Thursday, June 16, 2011

No Map! :)

I wanted to try it all on my own today!  Okay...well that's not exactly true...when the cleaning lady came to change sheets/towels I decided to make myself scarce and left the room without the map...but...I'm a big girl and thought I knew the map and streets well enough to try it on my own.  And I did just fine!!!  Such a busy day!  


The day started with a walk in the park...literally.  I did bring my book when I left the room, found another cute little park, settled in and read for a few hours.  The weather was a little chilly and partly cloudy (more sun than clouds...but it got almost cold when the sun was gone...but just about hot when the sun was out...WEIRD!).  When my eyes needed a break I decided to walk around and explore.  I must have looked like I knew where I was/what I was doing because 3 separate sets of people stopped and asked me for directions, 1 CREEPER wanted to play 20 questions (well, not really...but a)he WAS creepy and b)did ask a lot of questions...if he finds you...may name is Anastasia and I'm from New York...he said he could tell by my accent...hmmm...New York? Really?...weirdo!!! and NO mom, he wasn't some nice young fellow just being friendly...), and I no longer waited extra long for cars to stop when I wanted to cross the street!  (Yes, I did look both ways and did make sure the cars were hesitating...but I didn't wait for them to come to a complete stop...they won't!).  
(Seriously...this is where I settled in!  Doesn't it look like it belongs in a movie???) 


Then I ventured to the Post Office based on the directions the lady gave me in the shop the day before.  I had no map remember...this is ME...trying to remember verbal directions!  And you know what!?!?  I found it on the first try!  No problem!  It's HUGE and the creeper was outside of it so I didn't go in right away...just kept walking and he left me alone...on to some other non-suspecting poor young soul I'm sure!  Anyways...I walked a few more blocks and found a FANTASTIC chocolate shop!  I only tried one piece since it was UBER expensive...it was SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! 
The Post Office 
Fantastic Chocolate...<3 the colors!
As I rounded the corner after leaving the chocolate cafe I stumbled upon the bridal area of the city...each store had prettier dresses than the last!  I only paused at the windows...didn't want to jinx anything!  Then headed back to the hotel for my Skype date with my mom!  :)  


In the afternoon I headed back out to explore since it was nice (haha!) and I had loads of energy and it was my last full day here in Brest.  I left, took a bunch of pictures, and wouldn't you know it? got caught in a downpour!!!  If I thought it rained hard the day I was doing school work in the park I was mistaken...that was a shower!  It rained BUCKETS!!!!  But I managed to laugh it off, enjoy the gift from the sky, and realize again how awesome my shoes were (they almost feel BETTER wet!).  Below are the pictures of Brest, France from my afternoon photo-shoot!


Non-Coast of Brest, France
Important Places
Another great reading/people
watching place.
Our hotel...L'Amiraute













View away from same building
look closely...you'll
see the Celtic Sea
View towards the main
town building
check out the fountains
in front!  Lovely!


This is the St. Louis Church...
just pretty...no real significance!
Oh...expect the weather!  :)
This lady reminded me SO
much of my Grandma Kitty!
The rain did not bother her...
AT ALL!  :)


















Yet another lovely reading place!
Click on this pic and you'll have a 
fantastic idea about the weather!


Check out that construction!
Felt just like home!



























Points of Interest!

I would find a kitchen supply store!
VERY cute!!!  I wanted to purchase
EVERYTHING!  They had great knives...
wasn't sure they were TSA approved though!

You never know when you'll need a vet!
I think???  Not 100% sure!  It's a guess!  ;)

Pizza place...our 1st French dinner!
Romantic...I know!  But we were SOOO 
hungry I don't think it mattered as long as
it was food!  














































Sorry about some of the above formatting!  I'm really trying to figure this whole blogging thing out as I go!  All in all, I think I'm doing a swell job!  :)  

XOXO
Weather Count (4 rain-1 dry) 






No comments:

Post a Comment