Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sun & Blue Skies!

I promise, it does get sunny here at times!  To prove it (although it has rained twice today) when I saw that there was blue sky out the window I needed to capture it on film...well...digitally I guess as cameras rarely use actual film anymore.  See the beautiful blue sky!
Dave and I had a great discussion this morning over breakfast that we do love the midwest weather.  The clear blue skies and heat of the summer.  The frigidness of the cold in the winter...the wind whipping at the exposed skin...okay...maybe not that part...that MAY be a stretch!  :)  But we do love the midwest summers!  He commented that very few places in the world have blue skies like we do at home (well, in IL/WI).  However, from the weather reports I've gotten via email the past few days it looks like we missed quite the summer storm in IL this week!  My thoughts and prayers to those without power!  Major bummer.  

And since I forgot to post a few days ago about it...I'll throw it in here!  We took pics on the summer solstice!  Longest day of the year...which I guess some scientists may believe actually takes place over a few days...not just one!  In...ter...rest....ting!  


This photo was taken at 10:00pm!  CRAZY DAYLIGHT!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment