Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Weather!

Oh the lovely English weather!  Always predicable!  Not at all like in the states!  You can pretty much put money on the fact that it will rain.  Everyday.  Not kidding.  At all.  Just a fact!    But in all honesty...it's kinda a nice feeling rain.  If rain can have that effect.  It's not like the buckets of downpour I'm used to...it's more like a more solid, consistent mist...that rolls in and out in about 25-40 minutes at any given point throughout the day.  You can tell it's about to rain because it gets a little darker...but you can still see the blue skies amidst the rain clouds.  I think I'll just start counting the odd days (the days where it stays dry all day!).  The temperature is also a bit cooler than in the states by about 5-10 degrees on a given day.  Which means I'm totally living up the pale girl tan!  I've worn shorts once...count it once!.  I'm sticking mainly to capri pants, although I brought skirts I haven't yet worn them.  Today I am rocking a Banana Republic black dress as I sit in the pub updating my blog like it's nobody's business!  I'm also wearing flip-flops for the first time!!!


Back to the weather...
The rain did affect the Wimbledon play yesterday...but looks like today's going well. 


The sun is super out today (it's already rained...probably why!) and this town is just beautiful!  Steeped with history and old buildings, protected by mountains.  It's quaint really!  I am loving my time here!  Yes, even the rain...my hair actually curls quite nicely...bangs and all!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment