Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Friday June 17, 2011



On Friday Dave and Vicki worked a ½ day in Brest and we headed “home”(see below on our discussion of home!)  We made sure to arrange a taxi the night before so upon checking out of the hotel I had a car waiting to take me to the airport where I would meet up with Dave for our return flight to Cheltenham.  It was easy to manage and the driver spoke enough English that we had an enjoyable ride. 

The weather in Brest was…can you guess?  RAINING!!!  And super windy…it was at times a little nerve racking that we were about to board a plane to fly through that craziness…but in reality…it wasn’t that bad…we popped up through the clouds and it was actually sunny and blue skies at our flying altitude!  J  We landed, retrieved our bags and Vicki was kind enough to drive us home (saving us from the bus or train).   I got TWO more stamps in my passport (on leaving Brest…it had a plane on it!) and one at customs at the Birmingham (closest airport to Cheltenham).  

HOME…now that’s a funny word.  Dave and I had a wonderful discussion on the meaning of the word.  I have always believed that home is where the heart is.  But where is home if your heart is in more than one place?  I love my parents, friends and family (oh and of course Tucker!)…so home must be in IL.  Right?  But what if I care deeply for Dave? Isn’t this (Cheltenham) also home?  Can your heart truly be in multiple places?  I believe so!  Home is where you make it.  It’s where you go not only at the end of the day…but when you have hard times to get through and events to celebrate.  Dave has opened my eyes to multiple homes and it doesn’t feel as awkward at the end of the day to look at him and say “let’s go home”.  To us, for now, Flat 5 Broughton House is where we’ll go.  Home sweet home.   

Our “Home”…needs a feminine touch…but it’s very much fun!  Pics below:
Top 3 windows are ours!
Flat 5 Broughton House
6 High Street

Yup!  LOTS of stairs...no lift!  :)


View from the top
Out the back...it's a park behind the trees
View from the top
Out the front!
The Kitchen...in the cabinets on the
left are the fridge and freezer!
Told you it was like college!  :)
Kitchen again...new angle...in the cabinet
on the right is the washing machine.
It was weird to me too!  No worries!
 


Yes!  I am 27 and still travel with
Softie Bunny! 










I'd like to see you try and shave 
meter long legs in there! 
Quite a task!  :) 
The bachelor-pad-esk family room.
Needs a little feminine touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment