Thursday, August 25, 2011

And it begins...

I have to say...I LOVE MY JOB!  I am so lucky to get to wake up and walk into an office full of friends!  :)  Such a blessing.  Although ALL my work friends aren't at FHS anymore :( I know they are with me as I teach!  This has been our first week back at school...and I definitely made my summer as long as I could.  Getting back on Saturday night and starting back at school on Monday was a little tough but the girlies I teach with are A-MA-ZING and have totally helped Stella get her groove back!

This year my schedule is a little different than it has been in the past.  I am only teaching 2 different classes!  In past years I have taught 3-4 different classes and have been the coordinator for the Internship program (which is like a pre-student teaching experience).  Currently I am teaching 2 sections (classes/hours/periods) of Child Development and 3 sections of Foods 1.  It's kinda nice to come in, teach, hang out with my awesome students, and leave at the end of the day!  Next week I will start my sponsoring duties with Culinary Club and Service Over Self (SOS).  I'm looking forward to meeting the new club members!

As far as my students go...they are great!  Truly fun to be around...granted it's only the first week and things will settle down and be back to crazy in no time I'm sure...but this is fun while it's lasting!  :)  In my Child Development classes I have all girls (with the exception of 1 boy...check out his odds for a homecoming date!!!!!).  Foods is a little different...more boys than girls for sure!  And my advisory period (like a freshmen home room) is 21 boys 8 girls!

I'm getting back on US time...I didn't think I was jet-lagged but I guess going to bed at 7:30 and sleeping all night should have been an indication!  I'm trying to keep myself awake longer...but I just feel so refreshed when I go to bed early and wake up at 5:30.

Tomorrow is our first home football game of the season and I'll admit...it's a little bittersweet knowing that I don't have any responsibilities tomorrow night!  I do not have to be there.  I can go if I'd like...but I'm not following anyone else's timeline of where I should be when.  I don't know if it's a good thing or a sad thing.  It's just a different thing.  This is definitely a year of new, exciting, fun changes!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment