Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rain+Cold=Laundry!

Yes, you heard(read) it correctly!  I am spending my 2nd to last full day in the UK doing laundry!  I was all ready to go out and purchase an ironing board and iron (so that I could help Dave a little with his work shirts before I left) but looked outside around 8am and it was quite crummy out...now...2 hours later...it's still pretty miserable and dreary out there.


I have to say...and some might call me crazy...that I really do enjoy doing laundry!  It's just such a good feeling to have nice smelling clean clothes (although a friend of mine would be inclined to say "clean doesn't smell"...but let's face it...some laundry detergent just smells really good...and that's how Dave's is...a slight hint of lavender!  Lovely!)!  PLUS, I realized that if I am to pack tomorrow (insert really really really big sad face here) I do want all my clothes to be clean...and not wet!  


I'm being very domestic today...and really enjoying it...probably because I know I have to leave soon and return to the "real" world of the working class!  


UPDATE ON WEEKNIGHT ACTIVITY:
Last night we went out for drinks with a lovely Italian couple that Dave knows.  It was great fun...they really are super sweet!  Kath (the girl I've been out with a few times now) also joined in for some "good bye" fun!  It was really nice that they were all able to join us for a drink!


Tonight we are going to grab take-out with Will and Vanessa and their puppy Charlie!  :)  YEAH!


Then tomorrow night we've decided will be just us!  I'd like to go out to dinner...but it may be just as wonderful to stay in and get as much of each other as we can for the last few hours!  Gosh...I'm just going home...it's definitely not like I'll never see him again!  Geesh!!!  I need to get a grip!  Sorry for those reading...this is kinda like a free therapy for me!  (Hence the daily updates!!!)  


1 comment:

  1. I love doing laundry too!! :) Haha - and clean doesn't smell lol!!! good girl!!

    You can do this Katie!! What doesn't break us only makes us stronger!! Keep your chin up, a smile on your face and a strong heart (and yes, it's okay to have watery eyes! lol)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete