Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to Normalcy!


Not that you can even call my summer normal!  We had a blast in Rome and Paris but I have to say…it’s kinda nice to be home.  We’re almost unpacked and it only took 2 days to completely get through the laundry…although the apartment looks like we just moved in!  AHHH!!!  I finished the grocery shopping and I have to say…I’m excited to be cooking dinner at home this week!  We’ve got parmesan crusted chicken breasts and salmon with a lemon pepper sauce plus some salads, fresh fruits, and bread with oil and vinegar.  Ahhh, the goodness of home cooked meals!  Such a simplicity but oh so yummy!  And I was pleasantly surprised that the grocery bill (knowing we’d be gone for a week we made sure not to leave a whole lot in the apartment) wasn’t too bad!  But really, I only bought what was really necessary…bread, milk, juice, fruit, veggies, chicken, salmon, etc. 

What’s a little sad though is that in less than a week I’ll be heading home…which means school is starting and summer is over.  And it will be a really long time before Dave and I see each other again.  Major bummer.  But as we agreed…we can’t be sad now…we have to enjoy these next 4 days as much as we can and get as much out of them as possible!  

No comments:

Post a Comment