Tuesday, August 2, 2011

English Television

I've noticed that all the silly nonsense television that I enjoy watching in the states can be found on British television!  Until a few months ago Dave didn't have a tv in his flat.  He had gone like 7-8 months without one but then decided to get one...which I do kinda like seeing as I can watch television or movies during the day while he's at work and it's raining and cold!  (Although today it's supposed to be 30 (celcius) which is quite warm...apparently GB is in for a heat wave in the next few days!  Good to know...seeing as we'll be in Rome and therefore I STILL don't have proof that it's really nice in England for more than one day!)


I do find it comical though that some of my favorite shows are just starting here!  Including Glee, CSI, CSI Miami and New York, NCIS, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, The Real Housewives of Orange County, plus an array of animal planet type shows, along with loads of history/travel shows!  (I have to say...it's SHARK WEEK in the US...and I do miss it!!!!!!)


A very neat thing about these shows is that that are aired IN ORDER from day to day!  I've watched just about the entire first season of Glee in order in a little over a week!  CRAZY!!!  And most of the shows are like this!  Friends, as we all know, is a 30 minute show and it's aired for an hour...the best part...they are back to back episodes!  So when it says "To be continued..." it really is!!!  YEAH!  Pretty awesome!


PLUS...they have 2 of the same stations just an hour apart!  Which is pretty cool if you ask me!  


For example:
At 11am channel 5 will air Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives at noon and CSI New York at 1.


At noon on channel 24 that same episode of Gilmore Girls will air, at 1 it's Desperate Housewives and then CSI New York at 2!  


In case you miss the start of a show on the original channel you have the opportunity to watch the same episodes an hour later!  It's interesting though...not all the stations are like this...but for some reason the American TV shows do!  I could waste all morning (and afternoon come to think of it) watching television shows I've already seen!  I wonder why this is though.  So the British really enjoy that much American TV?  Or am I just that lucky!  Hmmmm....in...ter...rest...ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment