Monday, August 15, 2011

Packing for Rome!


Since Dave was working in Paris until Tuesday (he was to fly into London on Tuesday night) and Wednesday we had tickets to the Royal Mews The Queen’s Gallery and Buckingham Palace (as well as a flight to Rome) we decided that it made the most sense for me to meet him in London on Tuesday rather than him coming home to Cheltenham to turn around and have the two of us leave for London straight-away.  What a great idea!  It was so much easier on both of us and the travel anxiety level was majorly downgraded.  Since we had made all the travel arrangements…all I really had to do was follow the directions!  (Good thing in England they speak the same language as me!!!!) 

Dave made sure to lie out what we wanted in Rome before he left (such a wonderful man) so all I really had to do was pack it in the suitcase.  While we were in Paris he made a little list of a few things he didn’t lie out so that we had everything we needed!  I think I packed WAY more than I needed…but I really didn’t know what I wanted to wear!  I should have like googled it or something, like “what to pack for 5 days in Rome in August?”.  Probably would have helped! 

Anyways, I managed to get everything Dave and I needed into my large suitcase (without expanding it!).  It was pretty heavy though…but not over the limit…no worries!  And then I had Dave’s leather bag as our carry-on.  I was proud that I had everything we needed (well, more actually) and managed to get it down to the street level and to the bus station without an issue…and was as on-time as ever!

Along with Dave’s clothes (which by the way he wore all of) I brought the following:
*6 dresses ranging from kinda fancy to simple cotton (reminder…we were there for 5 days…not counting travel days)
*3 pairs of shorts
*6 tops
*1 pair of jean
*3 cardigans
*1 sweatshirt (really…southern Italy in AUGUST…was this really necessary!?!?)
*1 swimsuit
*2 pairs of capris
*4 pairs of shoes
*3 pairs of socks (but no athletic shoes…only sandals and sperrys)…hmmm…
*4 guidebooks (we ended up only using 1 of them)
*3 maps…I’m prone to getting lost!
*3 SD cards for a total of 10GB of memory
*1 laptop
*2 e-readers (nookbooks…highly recommend by the way!  Never thought I would say that…but it’s actually really nice and handy!)
*1 flip camera
*SPF 30 sunscreen (to bad we forgot to put it on BEFORE we got to Pompeii!)
*1 make-up case
*1 umbrella

Yup…safe to say I was WAY over-packed!  Well, now I know!!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment