Friday, August 12, 2011

A non-travel summer...hmmm....


When Dave and I first began discussing this summer and what we’d be doing…we wanted to spend as much of it together as we could.  That being said…we wanted to spend the majority of it in Cheltenham…as it’s not very “real life” to travel all the time.  Well, that didn’t last long…let’s really look at how we’ve done “not traveling”.   We’ve been to Brest, France, the United States, Paris (twice), Rome, London and Cheltenham.  We’ve had a blast really and it has been really telling…think about a long vacation you’ve been on with your loved ones.  Lots of time together.  Very little (if any) time apart.  I’ve been told that after a vacation with loved ones you sometimes need a vacation apart.  Dave and I didn’t have that ability this summer.  It was all Katie all the time for him.  I don’t know if he was really ready for all of it…especially since I didn’t have very much social interaction during the day to satisfy my need to chat!  But we’ve done fantastic!  I think it helps that I’ve been learning how to sit quietly.  Reading helps too though!  

No comments:

Post a Comment