Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Home Sweet(?) Home

I have to say...the transition home (Illinois) has been a little bittersweet.  I miss Dave every day (granted it's only been a few) and it's tough to know that we have a large expanse of time until the next time we see each other...but rather than looking at it that way, I like to focus on the fact that every day that passes means we are one day closer to seeing each other!

So, about that transition...here are the things I was nervous about...and how they've worked out:

CATS:
So, Tucker spent the last 6 weeks at my parents house and I was beginning to worry about his transition back to my apartment...less space to run, less people contact (dad works from the house and mom was at home recovering from knee surgery), and another cat to contend with.  Let's just say...the first re-introduction was NOT a good one!  Poor things!!!  They really did not remember each other!  AT ALL!  :(  I felt like the world's worst pet parent.  There was lots of hissing and spitting and swatting and growling...all night.  Poor things!  They were just scared and had to "talk it out" according to blogs I was reading.  I kept Tuck in my room all night and just let them spend small amounts of time together!  I think it worked...because now they are back to being mostly buddy buddy...or at least tolerating each other!  YEAH!

WORK:
This is the first year I have ever been this unorganized!  I even had one student (a past student who was using my 7th hour class as her study hall...fine by me...great way to spend her lunch!!!) comment that she was very surprised that I didn't even have a powerpoint to introduce my class!  Oops!  I felt AWFUL for my co-workers as I was very reliant on them to get me through today...tomorrow is all ready to go...should be back to normal after this week!  Promise!  But I do owe a few co-workers dearly!

LONELINESS:
I knew it was going to be tough to get used to not having Dave with me every day...and I think being tired and stressed is making the adjustment a little tougher.  Each day does get a little easier and I'm sure there will be good days and there will be bad days.  But for now...I'm focusing on the positives and the reassuring feeling that Dave is just a computer screen away!  Not good for a hug but at least we can see each other and hear each other's voices!

All in all, it was a fantastic summer...but I am very much looking forward to this school year!  So many fun things to look forward to...Fremd's 50th Anniversary, teaching only 2 classes (well, 5 periods...but only 2 subjects this time), getting into a new routine, teaching Sunday School and being a high school youth group leader...lots of changes this year.  All good things!  I'm anxious (in a good way) to see what the future has in store for me!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment