Friday, August 26, 2011

The Great Play-doh Adventure!

In my Foods 1 class this week we got them right into the kitchens and working away...but I wasn't quite ready for them to cook actual food...so what better starter lab then Play-doh!?!  We made it yesterday and today they were challenged to color it (they got to wear gloves so they didn't dye their hands) and then mold it into something they did over the summer.  We then shared our shapes and made further introductions!  :)

Such a fun adventure!  And my classes are great...but I've already said that a few times!

Today was a little crazy at school though...for the first half of the day we were running the building "old school" style...just not by choice!  We had no air conditioning, no power in the back gym or auditorium, no internet, no computer storage (we couldn't access ANY of our files!), no email, etc.  As the day progressed we were able to get a back-up generator (about the size of a semi) to get things back up and running.  It was interesting...due to our lack of email...we were all given updates each hour via the P.A. system.  Since we didn't have access to computers most teachers had to count on Plan B.  Oops!  Good thing my classes didn't need a computer today!  :)  AND I wore a tank top and capri pants...which means I was rather cool throughout my day...unlike some teachers in long-sleeves and jeans!

All in all it was a GREAT first week and it's fun to finally be back in the "swing" of things!  Next week the activities begin!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment